3.04.2009

Chental my BFF

Today I busted out a CD where I had burned all these pictures of Chental and I. It has been sooo long since I looked through them...they make me way happy! Now I'm going to post my favorites (i'm warning ya, there are a LOT of favorites).

Arguably our most prized accomplishment was this paint job on Chental's car. We had so much fun using neon spray paints to place handprints and other sweet designs all over it!

As soon as we finished painting we headed out for a ride through the town. We absolutely LOVED all the attention and surprised looks we got from people!

Chental and I loved going to shows. Here we are at Warped Tour where we got to meet Midtown (above) and Kris Roe, the lead singer for The Ataris (below).


In high school Jennifer, Chental, Mallory and I had a band called Crush the Infamous (Mal isn't in this pic). I had stolen my parents spare key to our church building, so we would sneak in regularly and have band practice. Eventually, my parent's realized the key was missing. But for the short time we got to play on this stage, we felt like stars.

Here we are with one of my favorite people in the world! DASHA! The three of us always had so much fun being weird together.

Nearly every Saturday Chental and I went to the youth dance. Our favorite part was getting ready because we always wanted to be super cool. Here we are sporting our dickies and aviator glasses. But there were other times when our outfits were outta control.

This is us at girls camp. Pretty scenery!

Story: For some reason we wanted to take pictures with these trees. And for some other reason we thought it would be funny if we pretended to make out with them. When we got this picture back we could not stop laughing because Chental looks like she got blown by a gust of wind and slammed into the tree and I am all seductive. The grace of my bent leg became known as DEER LEG and forever after we would bend our leg up like that to make each other laugh.

Another girls camp pic.

We wanted to go on a walk, but to make it a little more exciting I suggested that we paint our faces. Here is what we ended up with!

Purty.

Susan, our roommate and friend, got us these sweet 90's glasses. We thought they looked very intellectual so we had this picture taken of us.

Here are Chental and Mike at the surprise party I threw for her on her 18th birthday. I still think it is so great that they dated for a while and that I have pictures with my two favorite people in them.

Mikey I love your long hair!

Here we are in the same group at prom.

Note the sign painted on the wall.

This is us dressed up for 80's prom at Chain Reaction. It was a punk show where everyone dresses formal.

I thought I'd finish off this photo essay with pictures of our trademark: UGLY FACES. We were so into anything ugly.




But I do want to end with a picture where we look normal! I miss Chental, but it makes me so happy to think of all the fun times we got to share.

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Thanks for these, Kara. Now, I still don't see the egg whites hair pic of you, Jen and Chental. Do you have it? You know... tutus, your parents' courtyard, high school years. Or you could just email it to me.

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

Those are some great pic's i've never seen. Thank goodness for the camera and the ability to take pics and remember awesome times with awesome people like Tal!

McKenzie said...

I love all of these! Thank you!

Pamela said...

Loved this Kara! Thank you. I miss hanging out with you guys.