11.01.2009

Thank Yous

It's awesome how life can pan out to make me appreciate the little things. Like today I got to drive for the first time since October 8th. I loved the independence!

My mom came to help out when I had the preterm labor; who knew that I would end up needing her help so much. When I was on bed rest she kept me company, brought me food and cleaned my house. After some other sad events, it was so good to have her support. Then she got to be here to see the birth and help me through the initial emotions of having Evelyn in the NICU.

I've loved that Mike was able to take a week off work. It was s good healing time for both of us.

Even though Evelyn was born with pneumonia, I'm so glad that we have amazing technology and medicine to take care of her!

Last week, there were a lot more thankful things I wanted to write down. Hopefully I can remember more of them and keep this list growing.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

We are all so blessed. Good job looking for all the things to be grateful for. I'm so glad that your mom could be with you and that you had your hubby home for awhile to help and be with you.

I know that everyone tells you it's such a joyous time, and it absolutely is!, but it can also be really tough for a new mom. I had a really hard transition into motherhood, so if you even want to talk or vent shoot me an email or call. Seriously. I pray that your family will continue to be blessed and that Evelyn (beautiful name btw) will get to go home soon soon soon!