10.14.2009

Baby Update

I had my doctor's appointment today and found out my plan of action. It's not really that much action though because it involves me staying on bed rest and contraction minimizing medicine. The good news is, I'm only on bed rest until the meds are gone, which is this Sunday (my 36 week mark)! It will be interesting to see what happens, if I go completely into labor right away, or what.
Also, I found out that I have been 80% effaced since I went to the hospital one week ago. Today I was 3 1/2 cm dilated. Crazy.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

How annoying would it be if when you went off the meds the contractions just stopped. I doubt that will happen, but still. Hopefully everything will go well and the baby will be healthy. Hang in there!
PS-Is your mom just staying until the baby comes?

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

I'm thinking you will move right along once that medication is all gone...only a couple more days!!!!!!!

Cerise "Mama" Outhier said...

I predict a quick labor & delivery! Woo hoo!

Rachael said...

Bodies are completely unpredictable! I was only 80% effaced when it was my actual inducement day, and even when I went in I was only 1 1/2 centimeters. But this means your body is getting totally prepared to have a baby!

paul said...

cripes! that baby wants to come right the heck NOW! :) good luck!

Melany said...

um, i forgot i was logged in as my husband, paul...this was melany. :)

kara said...

melanie - haha, i saw that message in my email and was wondering, who is this guy paul?

shannon - thank goodness my mom is staying! it has made all the difference in the world to have constant pleasant company.

kara said...

oops i mean melany (with a "y")
:)

The Hills said...

I was just wondering if you guys had a blog. And you have two! Yays!

And that's such good news about baby..and you! Here's to hoping she'll wait until after Sunday!