2.03.2010

Advice Time

We're thinking of getting a jumper or walker for Evelyn. She loves to be held in the standing position and I think in a month or so when she's a little more stable she will really enjoy something like this. The one I was liking is from Baby Einstein. I like that it can fold up super compact, but it only allows for jumping, not walking. I've seen others that can do both but they are way bulky.

Do any of you have advice or recommendations? What have your kids or your friend's kids enjoyed?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I have only had a walker one, but I want a stationary one for the next baby. Supposedly having your baby use a walker is bad for their hip development or something like that. Who knows. Both my kids used a walker and both of them walked late (16 months), but I don't know that I'd jump straight to attributing it to their walker. I'm sure she will like whatever you choose and folding up flat is a huge bonus.

Flurry of Urry said...

i've heard that holding a baby in the standing position before they're three months is bad for their hip development. i was also informed in school that 'helping' a baby crawl, sit-up, walk, etc prolongs the time it will take them to do so on their own because they aren't working their muscles to the full extent trying to do this on their own.
dex LOVES the standing position. LOVES IT. i'm guilty of holding him up right through out the day but i think we're going to hold off on the walker for him, honestly. i'm not up on all the 'leading experts say' stuff but this actually makes sense to me but it's a personal choice for sure. good luck!

The Hills said...

Our pediatrician is totally against walkers. He says they can get the baby into dangerous situations they wouldn't be in otherwise (like when my sister burned herself on the stove when she was 6 months). That and it impedes walking.

We got the Fisher Price Jumperoo & both kids LOVED it. I would have given it to you, but the springs were wearing out. I've seen similar things by different brands. Hmm...I blogged about it in March last year.

But whatev! You'll do what's best.

Holly Petty said...

Hey! I think my siblings that have kids have like the bouncers just fine - depending on the baby's personality.

Evelyn is so adorable by the way. We for sure need to get together soon. What are your schedules like now?