Over the past 3-4 weeks we have been searching for Evelyn's wand. It is an old glow stick that has a removable star on top. We had the star and needed that wand.
After about a week I told evie she could pray for help. She did, and we searched the entire house. Time and time again we followed this routine where she would pray saying, "please bless that Jesus can help me find my wand" and we would hunt in new places.
These past two weeks the prayers have grown more intense; she prays, "I'm thankful that I will find my wand TODAY. Please bless that it will show up." I have been praying myself that her faith will allow her to find it. I believe children have a special relationship with God and we as adults sometimes diminish that. I did not doubt that her prayers would be answered, I only hoped her patience and faith would last as long as it took.
About 5 days ago Mike tried his hand in searching for it. He took the flashlight around and looked everywhere. Still no luck.
Then last night, I heard a squeal of joy coming from Evelyn's room. It grew louder as she ran toward me, wand in hand! "I FOUND MY WAND!" My jaw dropped, "where?!" It was in her dollhouse, a place we had searched in and around numerous times. It was right in plain sight.
I am so grateful The Lord allowed her to have the experience where her prayer was not answered immediately, but it was answered. I hope she'll always remember that God does hear and answer our faith-filled prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment