11.21.2013

Thanksgiving To A Four Year Old

This little girls has an EPIC gratitude list. She and I spent a little time sitting on the bathroom floor and talking this morning. I explained what thanksgiving was and asked her what she was thankful for. Over the next 15 minutes, in between our other conversations, here is what she said. None of this was prompted, or even expected, by me.


E: I’m thankful that Jesus made our bodies...I’m thankful that he made rainbows. And did he even make the sky and clouds?
K: Yes.
E: I’m thankful for those too. And birds and butterflies, and I’m really thankful for the trees.
K: You like all the pretty things don’t you?
E: Yes, but most of all I like cute things. So cute and pretty.

We talk about other things for a bit, then...

E: I’m thankful that I love to sleep—well—I’m not really thankful because I cry, and I don’t really like Amelie’s crying.

We finish preparing her breakfast…

E: I’m thankful for everyone!
K: I’m thankful for food!
E: And drinks! I’m thankful for Church. And the temple…

But the best really cute thing that I’m thankful for is at grandma’s house…it’s DISNEYLAND!

(As a side note, this is one of the many variations on how she regularly dresses at home).

No comments: