I recently listened to a CD called Pure Meditation. In it, Pema Chödrön teaches about the Tibetan Buddhist practice of meditation. The entire talk is mind blowing and so inspiring, but here are just a couple of my favorite concepts from it.
I love how much emphasis Pema puts on cultivating ultimate compassion and friendliness toward ourselves and others. She also debunked some of the myths I had believed about meditation, thus helping me realize what it really is and is not. Before listening to this, I felt like I would never be able to sit comfortably and meditate, removing all thoughts from my mind. But now I understand that it isn't supposed to be comfortable. It's about being with ourselves and accepting what we are in the moment. Sort of like checking in with oneself each day, and confirming that we are invested in our own well being. If you are looking to learn more about meditation, I can't recommend this CD enough!


No comments:
Post a Comment